Marcia Norwood, America's STORYTELLER
Do you like cheese?
I love cheese - all kinds of cheese.......especially Cheddar and Monterey Jack!
Everyone in our family - except our son-in-law, Dave, likes cheese.
|Kristin and Dave's Wedding Day: December 26, 1992|
I secretly wondered if our daughter, Kristin's marriage to Dave would last. Would their mixed marriage - with one cheese-lover and one cheese-hater survive? Okay...Dave does eat a bit of Mozarella - but that's about it.
|My Daughter, Kristin, and me on her wedding day...December 26,1992.|
I'm happy to report that Kristin and Dave are still in love, and will celebrate their 20th Wedding Anniversary this year. They have given us three beautiful and hilarious grandchildren: Joshua, Emily Grace and Caleb.
I've saved napkins from their elegant wedding, and some years I tuck one of the napkins in their anniversary cards.
|Son-in-law Dave, Daughter Kristin, Grandsons Caleb & Joshua and Granddaughter Emily Grace|
Here's my best dinner sandwich, prepared in just 5 minutes with Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese! Dave won't eat it - but it will be great for all those cheese lovers - like me!
|I found this recipe on a Kraft Food 2006 calendar.|
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 Round Loaf Bread (1 pound)
1/4 Cup Miracle Whip Dressing
2 Tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
1 Package (9 ounce) Oscar Mayer shaved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
3/4 Cup Spinach Leaves
1/2 of a Medium Onion (Thinly Sliced - Separated Into Rings and Cooked Until Golden Brown)
1/2 Cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F.
- CUT a 1/2-inch-thick slice from TOP of bread loaf...leaving 1-inch-thick shell.
- RESERVE removed bread for another use.
- SPREAD inside of bread shell, and cut-side of top of loaf with dressing and mustard.
- FILL bread shell with layers of turkey, spinach, onions and cheese.
- COVER with top of bread loaf.
- WRAP in aluminum foil.
- BAKE 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through.
- LET STAND 10 minutes.
- CUT into 4 wedges with serrated knife.
- SERVE warm.
COME BACK AGAIN, AND INVITE A FRIEND!
Read more of my stories