TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, February 26, 2012

MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH LOCKETS and MY RECIPE FOR SOLID SACHET PERFUME

Marcia Norwood, AMERICA'S STORYTELLER


I fell in love with lockets when I was a little girl. 


Me and My Shadow
Copyright 1950

I still have every locket that was ever given to me.  Some lockets have treasured photos inside.  One of my favorite locket pendants had a solid perfume/sachet inside.  It was so easy to refresh my perfume throughout the day.  I simply opened the locket, gently rubbed my fingers over the solid sachet, and then rubbed it onto my wrists and pulse points. 


When I added lockets to my jewelry line (STORYTELLER DESIGNS) - I experimented until I came up with a recipe for solid perfume!  I used my favorite  essential oils, and poured the perfume into my STORYTELLER DESIGN filigree and Cameo lockets. They really are fabulous to wear and make lovely gifts to give to friends and family. 

My STORYTELLER DESIGN FILIGREE Lockets filled with Solid Sachet Perfume

My STORYTELLER DESIGN CAMEO Lockets filled with Solid Sachet Perfume

Would you like to make your own solid sachet? 


Here's my recipe!

SOLID SACHET PERFUME


1.  Heat 1 Tablespoon of Almond Oil and eight (8) drops of essential oil in a double boiler until warm. (Use whatever oil you prefer for your perfume scent. I like a combination of Mulberry and Lavendar Oil, and I also add Vitamin E oil.)

2.  Add one (1) Tablespoon of grated Beeswax and mix with the oils in the double boiler.  Stir until it is well blended and the wax is thoroughly melted.

Shredded Bleached Beeswax

3.  Pour into container (locket, jar or tin), and let it cool.  As it cools, the wax will harden.  (If you do not have lockets...the solid perfume can be stored in small tins like the ones for mints and lip balms.)

4.  To apply perfume simply rub fingers over the solid sachet, and rub it on your wrists and pulse points as desired.

My STORYTELLER DESIGN FILIGREE Lockets filled with Solid Sachet Perfume

My STORYTELLER DESIGN CAMEO Lockets filled with Solid Sachet Perfume

My STORYTELLER DESIGN
filigree and cameo lockets
filled with my fragrant solid sachet perfume
will be for sale soon on my website.


PLEASE COME BACK AGAIN, AND INVITE A FRIEND!
Read more of my stories
by clicking on titles on the right side of this page.
Add your email address


at the top of this page on the right side where it says:
"FOLLOW BY EMAIL"
and my new stories/recipes/photographs
will be sent to your INBOX.
Marcia Norwood, AMERICA'S STORYTELLER


No comments:

Post a Comment