TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A BETTER WORLD

A BETTER WORLD

Coyright 2012 Marcia Norwood

Have you read Robert Fulghum's book - All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten?  (Villard Books:  New York, 1990)

Maybe I like Fulghum's book because I spent 15 years in Kindergarten and Preschool: one year as a student and 14 years as a teacher

Fulghum writes:  "All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten.  ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW about how to live and what to do and how to be - I learned in Kindergarten.  Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate-school mountain, but there in the sandpile at Sunday School.  These are the things I learned:

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you..."

My favorite Fulghum quote:

"Think what a better world it would be if all - the whole world - had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap."

Here's a challenge for you - to all my friends and readers around the world...do your part to make the world a better place!   Start today - at 3 o'clock!  Have some cookies and milk and lay down with your blankie for a nap!  

Anyone care to admit that they have a blankie or a Snuggie?  We all have blankies at our house - even our three puppies!  
Izzy Belle, Our Beloved Schnoodle (Schnauzer/Poodle Mix) rescued through LL Dog Rescue.
Photo Copyright 2010 Marcia Norwood

Granddaughter Megan Jewell pampered our Schnoodle, Izzy Belle
with a binky and blankie and made her comfy in a bean bag chair!
Photo Copyright 2010 Marcia Norwood

Post a comment here, and tell me about your blankie and your part of the world.

I live in the Heart of America - in a suburb outside Kansas City, Missouri.  My blankie is actually a "Snuggie" - a blanket with arms in leopard print.  My cookie-of-choice is oatmeal with butterscotch morsels.  I'll pass on the milk and have a cup of hot chocolate.

Robert Fulghum advises:
"Take a nap every afternoon.  When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic.  Hold hands, and stick together."

Let's keep in touch!
Marcia



No comments:

Post a Comment