TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

LOVE NEVER FAILS

LOVE NEVER FAILS

Copyright 2012 Marcia Norwood


How about baking something sweet for someone you love?  APPLE PIZZA with NO FAIL PIE CRUST!


My mother's recipe for APPLE PIZZA  is one of our all-time family favorites.  It's a delicious dessert - like an apple pie or apple crisp - except that it's made on a pizza pan or cookie sheet.

My Mom, Natalie (Left)
My Daughter, Kristin (Center Front)
My Granny Lucille (Right)
Me (Center Back)
1976

My recipe for pie crust came from one of the firefighters  that my husband, Ed, worked with back in 1970. The firefighters call it:  NO FAIL PIE CRUST.   

I wrote a funny story about my first attempt to make a pie crust as a new wife, (before I had the NO FAIL PIE CRUST recipe)  and called it Love Never Fails.  My story and recipes are published in What I Learned From God While Cooking from Barbour Publishing. 


Get ready!

Get set!

Bake!


NO FAIL PIE CRUST

Mix together:

·         3 Cups Flour

·         1 Teaspoon Salt

·         1 and 1/4 Cup Butter


Mix together the following and then Add to the first mixture:

·         1 Tablespoon Vinegar

·         1 Tablespoon Water

·         1 Large Egg or Two Small Eggs


Mix and Knead All together.

Roll out on floured surface.


APPLE PIZZA PIE

1.      Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

2.      Place NO FAIL PIE CRUST on pizza pan or cookie sheet.

3.      Put a layer of apple slices (2 to 4 apples - thinly sliced) over the pie crust to desired thickness.

4.      Mix 2/3 Cup Sugar, 3 Tablespoons Cinnamon and 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg together and sprinkle over apples.

5.      Mix 3/4 Cup Butter, 1/2 Cup Sugar, and 1/2 Cup Flour and sprinkle over all.

6.      Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 


ENJOY!

APPLE PIZZA  just might become one of your family favorites, too!

  

UNTIL ALL HIS CHILDREN HAVE HOMES!

Marcia



No comments:

Post a Comment