Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking
Folks in the Midwest are calling The Winter of 2012...The Winter That Never Was. Here in Missouri, the Heart of America, we had a very mild winter and barely any snow at all.
The SPRING of 2012 has been beautiful with gentle rains and record-setting warm temperatures. It's the end of March and this weekend temperatures are heading upwards to 90 degrees. Our daughter, Kristin, has already turned on the air-conditioner at their house.
RECIPE: BANANA PRALINE SUNDAES
1 Pint Vanilla Ice Cream
1/3 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Butter
1/4 Golden Raisins
2 Medium Bananas, SLICED
1/3 Cup Pecans, CHOPPED
- Remove ice cream from freezer, and let it stand at room temperature to soften slightly...about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet over low heat, heat brown sugar and butter until mixture is melted, STIRRING frequently.
- Add raisins and bananas and cook 5 minutes or until fruit is heated through...gently turning fruit.
- Spoon ice cream into four dessert dishes.
- Top with banana mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Serve immediately.