TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

RECIPE: CUTIE SMOOTHIE

Marcia Norwood, AMERICA'S STORYTELLER

My granddaughters, Emily Grace and Megan Jewell, asked me to make them a "fruit smoothie." 

How could I refuse when they added:  "Your smoothies are better than any other smoothies in the world - even the ones at Sonic!"

Granddaughter Emily Grace, Grandson Caleb Edward, Granddaughter Megan Jewell


"I'll make the smoothies....if you will help,"  I said.

So my cuties helped me make smoothies....with CUTIES (an easy-peel California mandarin) plus some other fresh fruits and juice.

I never helped my mom in the kitchen when I was a child.  Mom didn't want me or anyone else to get in her way.  I never learned to make much of anything -  other than a sandwich  - until after I was married.  

I've marinated myself in children since I became a parent and a preschool and Kindergarten teacher in the 1970's.   I have fun with my children and grandchildren in the kitchen.  We continue to makes messes, memories and lots of good food. 

Fresh Fruits make delicious smoothies! 

Megan and Emily peeled the CUTIES (E-Z Peel, Seedless California Mandarins) and cut up the STRAWBERRIES carefully with a knife, and washed the STRAWBERRIES and BLUEBERRIES.   They filled large cups with ice to put in the blender. 
Blender makes smoothies - smooth!


Granddaughter Megan, Granddaughter Emily and Grandson Caleb

CUTIE SMOOTHIE

RECIPE:  CUTIE SMOOTHIE
Ingredients:
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • CUTIE Mandarin Oranges
  • Cranberry/Grape Juice  (About 1 Cup)
  • Country Time Pink Lemonade Mix (About 2 Tablespoons)
  • Ice  (Fill blender About 3/4 full)
  • Water  (As needed)
Smoothies are easy to make.  I don't really have an exact recipe.  We decide which ingredients to use (depending on what we have in our pantry/refrigerator), and throw them in a blender with lots of ice and  liquid (water or juice) until you have the consistency you like.

My granddaughters choose their favorite blue glasses for their smoothies, and added a fresh fruit garnish.  Of course - they also  chose a different color straw for each person.  They served our smoothies with a straw and spoon.

Granddaughter Megan Jewell enjoys her CUTIE SMOOTHIE in her favorite blue glass with a neon green straw.

I encourage you to invite your children or grandchildren into your kitchen to help you create a delicious smoothie that is good for them, and fun to make.

Granddaughter Emily Grace chose a blue straw for her CUTIE SMOOTHIE.

CUTIE SMOOTHIE:  View inside the blender


CUTIE SMOOTHIE:  Pretty in a clear glass

Have FUN!
Have you tried CUTIES....the California mandarin?
Our family loves them. 
We keep a bowl of CUTIES out on our counter.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY! 
COME BACK AGAIN, AND INVITE A FRIEND!

Marcia



No comments:

Post a Comment