TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, March 23, 2012

REFLECTIONS

Marcia Norwood, AMERICA'S STORYTELLER

"Reflect upon your present blessings --
of which every man has many --
not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."

Charles Dickens
A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings

It's fun to match my photographs with favorite quotations.  Today I'm sharing  photographs of the cement birdbath in my front yard...paired with a Dickens' quote.

Cherry blossoms fell from the Chinese Cherry tree that is reflected in the water of the birdbath.

Isn't it interesting how the reflection of the tree in the water moves in each photograph?  It appears as if the red petunias are a part of the tree.



 "Reflect upon your present blessings --
of which every man has many --
not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."

Charles Dickens
 A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings

Red Petunias





UNTIL ALL HIS CHILDREN HAVE HOMES!

Marcia



1 comment:

  1. I do have a tendency to focus on my misfortunes. Not necessarily bad things that are happening to me, but more at the condition of my surroundings. I fail to see all the goodness in the world and focus on the ugly. This blog was simple yet left me feeling joyful. Sometimes it's the simple things liked God's beautiful things that surround me that I tend to take for granted or never even notice. ♥

    ReplyDelete