TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

JOIN ME ON THE PORCH

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking


Welcome!  
http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/

LEAVE YOUR CARES BEHIND
JOIN ME ON THE PORCH 
 
My Front Porch.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

My Favorite Place:
The Porch! 

My Front Porch.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood
 
Listening to the birds in the mornings...

My Front Porch.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood



Look!  A red bird built a nest
in my red watering can!
    
 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

     
If this old porch could talk...
   

  
My Front Porch.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

The best kind of  friend is the kind you can sit with on a porch -- never say a word -- then walk away feeling like it was 
the best conversation you ever had. 


My Front Porch.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

These are photos of my front porch.  It's a tiny thing, so I expanded the feel of the porch by adding a swing, a rocking chair, a rug, and potted plants.  I don't mind the cracked concrete or the moss growing on the stones.  

No one in our culdesac sits in the front of their house.  They all sit in the back on their decks.  I like to sit on my front porch - just like I did when I was a little girl.  We waved at every car that went by, and most neighbors walked over to sit with us. 

My Front Porch.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

 
My Front Porch.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood





No front porches. 
 My uncle says there used to be front porches,


and people sat there sometimes at night,

talking when they wanted to talk,
rocking and not talking when they didn’t want to talk.  Sometimes they just sat there, and thought about things, turned things over. 
My uncle says the architects got rid of the front porches because they didn’t look well.
     ...They didn’t want people sitting like that,
doing nothing, rocking, talking; 
that was the wrong kind of social life. 
People talked too much,
and they had time to think.  
So they ran off with the porches.
                                 

Ray Bradbury       
Fahrenheit 451


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood
              


Each year I plant red geraniums in Granny Lucille's cement flower pot.  This year I added cilantro.  
 
   
 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


My antique bicycle...


 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood
 We have baby robins in our tree near the front porch!  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

 Robin's Nest in Dwarf Alberta Spruce.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


 Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood



Potted plants in a whiskey barrel...

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

 
Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


 My firstborn, daughter, Kristin, gave me these gorgeous hydrangeas for Mother's Day!

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood



Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood
  

"If  you're seeking blue hydrangea flowers, check your soil's pH level and apply aluminum sulfate in spring to lower pH to the 5.2-5.5 range. The change in hydrangea flower color results from lower pH and higher aluminum content in the soil."

CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
http://www.bhg.com/gardening/plant-dictionary/shrub/hydrangea/ 

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Read more about my antique bicycle that I found at an antique store in Pella, Iowa...

Sep 03, 2013
B I C Y C L E . Marcia Norwood America's STORYTELLER Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking Bicycles are fun to ride, and also wonderful to plant, and place in the yard as garden art.
Mar 16, 2012
I fell in love with the idea of using a vintage bicycle as garden art when I saw one many years ago planted with flowers at the Historical Village in Pella, Iowa. I searched for three years in three states for a vintage bicycle for my ...

 

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


 Read more about my front porch...

Feb 09, 2012
We downsized to a small cottage in 2004. Our front porch is so tiny....so I expanded the "porch-space" by adding a porch swing to the side, stepping stones and a rocking chair in front of the porch. July 2011 ...
Sep 03, 2013
View from my front porch. I live between two bullies on a seemingly quiet cul-de-sac in the heart of America. ... View of our front yard from our front porch. "We will make your life so miserable that you will move out," they said.
Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often, and invite a friend!

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

 
Marcia and Her Baby Brother, Terry.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


No comments:

Post a Comment