TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Thursday, May 1, 2014

DAVE'S '67 CHEVY

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/

DAVE'S '67 CHEVY 

Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


It was LOVE at first sight when I first saw the baby-blue, '67 Chevy truck  David Stovall restored.

My daughter, Kristin, (Dave's wife) wondered why I liked it so much.

"It's from her era,"  my son-in-law said.

Oh. Yes.  

It's from my *eraThe SixtiesThe Swinging Sixties.

I graduated from Liberty High School in 1967.  Our school colors were blue and white.  

*Era
  •   A period of time in history that is unified by cultural or   historical factors.
  • A period of time marked by distinctive character, events, changes on earth.

The Sixties 
CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960s


Dave named his baby-blue '67 Chevy truck Mater, after Tow Mater, in the Disney movie, CARS.

http://cars.disney.com/mater


"Mater is the rustiest, trustiest tow truck
in Radiator Springs.  He loves tractor tippin',
helping out stranded cars, and most of all,
hanging out with his best friend,
Lightning McQueen.
Mater is great at driving backwards,
because he doesn't need to know
where he's going
as long as he knows where he's been."

The old '67 truck was in need of repair when Dave bought it from an individual who wanted to fix it up, but never finished it.  Dave finished the job, and painted it my favorite color:  baby-blue.

KRISTIN:  "I drove it once.  Oh.  My.  Mater had one of those "granny gears" that goes super slow.  It was hard for me to shift!"  

Sometimes Dave says, "I wish I still had Mater so I could _______________________  (fill in the blank) ."  

Dave always has at least one DIY (Do It Yourself) project going at all times.

I wish I had purchased  Mater when Dave sold it...so I could _______________________  (fill in the blank)."

I have my own share of DIY projects, and could sure use a rusty, trusty tow truck.

 
 Meet Mater

DAVE'S '67 CHEVY 

  
Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood





Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

   

Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood



Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood



Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

 
Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

Images of '67 Chevys
CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
http://photobucket.com/images/67%20chevy%20truck?page=1

 
Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood



Granddaughter Emily, Son-in-Law, Dave.  Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood



Grandsons Joshua & Caleb with their dad, Dave.  Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

My daughter, Kristin, married  Dave the day after Christmas, December 26, 1992.  It was a beautiful wedding.  

Theirs is  a "mixed marriage."  Kristin and our entire family eat cheeseLOTS of cheese.  Dave does not. Well - he nibbles from time to time on a bit of mozzarella, but that's about it. 

I hoped and prayed their marriage would last.

Daughter Kristin & Dave.  Copyright 1992 Marcia Norwood

It turns out a cheese-eater can build a strong marriage with a non-cheese eater, but it takes compromise.

Sometimes  (like on Dave's birthday) Kristin and I go out to eat cheese, but we always call Dave to let him know we are actually celebrating his birthday.
 
Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood
Thank God, Dave has a sense of humor. He needs it -  especially now since he's dad to my grandchildren:  Joshua Taylor (16), Emily Grace (14) and Caleb Edward (10). 

My mom, Mema, once told me:  "Men carry the weight of the world on their shoulders.  They work hard.  They need to play games and laugh." 

And THIS is how they pose when I ask to take their picture.  Father & Son:  Caleb and Dave.  Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


Dave (in cookin' hat).  Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

Joshua's Baptism at Lake of the Ozarks.  Dave, Pastor Joey Butler and Joshua.  Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

Windermere Conference Center
Lake of the Ozarks
CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
http://www.windermereusa.org/about_us.asp

Joshua's Baptism at Windermere, Lake of the Ozarks.   Front:  Joshua, Emily, Megan.  Back:  Caleb, Kristin, Dave, Faith, Sarah.Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood
 

Crown Center Christmas 2013:  Joshua, Caleb, Emily, Kristin, Dave.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

 
Joshua, Emily, Santa, Caleb, Dave, Kristin.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

 
Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

Dave's '67 Chevy inspired me.   

It's a classic, and so is my son-in-law. 

I created STORYTELLER greeting card with my photos of  Mater. 

Copyright 2009 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2009 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2009 Marcia Norwood

CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
Jan 18, 2014
I took these photos of the 1967 Chevy truck my son-in-law, Dave, restored. Copyright 2009 Marcia Norwood.


Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often, and invite a friend!

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood



No comments:

Post a Comment