TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

B I C Y C L E

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking



Bicycles are fun to ride, and also wonderful to plant, and place in the yard as garden art.


My Vintage Bicycle



"Life is like riding a bicycle.

To keep your balance you must keep moving."

       Albert Einstein
(In a letter to his son Eduard, 1930)

Granddaughter Megan, Daughters Sarah and Faith on Bronze Statue at Scholte House, Pella Iowa


      "I  thought of  that  while riding my bicycle."
Albert Einstein
(In reference to the Theory of Relativity)
Image from Graphics Fairy:  http://thegraphicsfairy.com/

Granddaughter Megan Jewell  (2007)
   

Granddaughter Emily Grace  (2007)


From Left:  Granddaughter Megan, Grandsons Joshua and Caleb, Daughter Sarah, Granddaughter Emily, and Daughter Faith  (2007)

Daughter Sarah Zheng-Kang  (2007)


Daughter Faith Fu Ju  (2007)


"I feel that I am entitled
to my share of lightheartedness,
 and there is nothing wrong
with enjoying one's self simply, like a boy."

Leo Tolstoy
(In response to criticism for learning to ride a bicycle at age 67)



Grandson Joshua Taylor  (2007)



"It is by riding a bicycle
that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills 
and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are,
while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you,
and you have no such accurate remembrance of country
you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle."

Ernest Hemingway



My Vintage Bicycle


"Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle,
I have hope for the human race." 

H.G. Wells

My Vintage Bicycle


 "Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind;

it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes

 to balance oneself on a bicycle."

            Helen Keller
          (Deaf and Blind Political Activist)
           


Robin Perches on My Vintage Bicycle

"Next to a leisurely walk 
I enjoy a spin on my tandem bicycle. 
It is splendid to feel the wind blowing in my face
and the springy motion of my iron steed. 
The rapid rush through the air 
gives me a delicious sense of strength and buoyancy, 
and the exercise makes my pulse dance 
and my heart sing." 

Helen Keller
(Deaf and Blind Political Activist)



My Vintage Bicycle
 
To discover
where I found my vintage bicycle,
and see more photographs...
click on this link:
 

BICYCLE  IN  THE  NEWS: 

Victory is his! 

Cyclist steals back stolen bike, 

and leaves thief cardboard cutout 

and mocking note.

Click on this link to read more:  

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/cyclist-who-had-bike-stolen-steals-it-back--leaves-behind-cardboard-cutout-and-snarky-note-for-thief-191415731.html

Thanks for stopping by!

Come again, and bring a friend!

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking 

No comments:

Post a Comment