TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Monday, September 9, 2013

MY LOCKET

Marcia  Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

Do you have a locket?

I treasure my old locket that was once filled with solid perfume.  I was thrilled to discover a recipe and refill it.   It turned out so well that I purchased round, heart-shaped and cameo lockets. and filled them with solid perfume.  They make beautiful, fragrant gifts.

I filled LOCKETS with my Homemade Solid Perfume.  Copyright 2010 Marcia Norwood
 
Lockets have been around for centuries, and have been used to carry ashes, hair, keepsakes, perfume, poisons, powder, and most recently pictures.    
 
Lockets are made of gold, sterling silver, platinum, brass, copper, aluminum, and iron.  Victorian lockets were set with seed pearls, gemstones and sometimes diamonds.  Cameo and heart-shaped lockets were very popular. 
 
I filled Cameo, heart-shaped and round-shaped LOCKETS with my Homemade Solid Perfume.                                Copyright 2010 Marcia Norwood

I filled Cameo, heart-shaped and round-shaped LOCKETS with my Homemade Solid Perfume.                                Copyright 2010 Marcia Norwood



Would you like my recipe to make your own solid perfume?


Here it is!

SOLID PERFUME BASE


1 Tablespoon Beeswax (Grated)
1  Tablespoon Almond Oil
8 Drops Essential Oils

In a small double boiler, heat the almond oil and essential oils (whatever combination you choose) together until warm.  

Stir well until completely blended.

Stir in beeswax.

Continue to stir 
until completely melted.

Pour into small glass, 
metal or plastic containers.
I ordered the lockets from
Cameo Jewelry Supply.



http://www.cameojewelrysupply.com/Lockets-C86.aspx



Let perfume cool completely.

To use, 
rub finger over surface of perfume
and then onto to your pulse points or
wherever you wear fragrance.




To make a FRUITY SCENT
  •  3 drops of peach oil,
  • 3 drops of orange oil, and
  • 2 drops of chamomile oil.

To make SPICY AROMA
  • 3 drops of clove oil,
  • 3 drops of sandalwood oil,
  • and 2 drops of cinnamon oil.

For an EXOTIC PERFUME
  • Blend 5 drops of vanilla oil,
  • and 3 drops of ylang-ylang oil.


I order  essential oils  and other  supplies  to make
homemade perfume, potpourri and lotions
from  BULK APOTHECARY
http://www.bulkapothecary.com/ 

AND 

SAN FRANCISCO HERB CO.
  http://sfherb.com/







"My locket hangs above my heart
for everyone to see:
A symbol of the love we share.
A HOPE of what will be."

Marcia Norwood  
 


Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often, and bring a friend!


Have you noticed the information on the RIGHT of my blog at the top of the page?  

Look for the  "SEARCH THIS BLOG"  box.  Type a word in the box - like "adoption" or "garden art"  and a list of my stories that match your search will appear.  Click on the links to read more stories.

Add your email address to the "FOLLOW BY EMAIL" box, and my new blogs will be sent directly to your in-box.  

Scroll down from the top of my blog on the right ...and look for a list (in red letters) of all the stories I have shared.  They are listed by month and year, and by title.  
Click on a title  to read more stories.
 
Marcia Norwood

 
America's STORYTELLER
  Telling Untold Stories in Photographs,  Prose and Public Speaking   








No comments:

Post a Comment