TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, March 14, 2014

BUNNY TALES: The FUN Easter and The REAL Easter

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking






http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/2014/03/bunny-tales-fun-easter-and-real-easter.html

BUNNY TALES



I spent 12 years in Kindergarten and Preschool 

       at Independence Christian School,

            and Timothy Lutheran Early Childhood Center.

         
I was a teacher...but I had as much fun as the children.


I made portfolios for each child in my class.  I saved at least one project they made each month and added it to their portfolio.  I also taught classes for teachers on how to create portfolios for their students.  Copyright 2009 Marcia Norwood




The Easter theme in my class  was "The FUN Easter and the REAL Easter." 

The REAL Easter is of course -- the true story of the suffering, crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Our Bible story time each day was always a special, holy time.  Many of the children (four and five years old) put their head in their hands and cried when they learned the suffering that Jesus endured.  I have been a Christian for 42 years, and I still can not tell the story without crying.  I hope I never "get over" power and passion of Jesus' sacrifice for my sin....for all of our sins.



My Preschool and Kindergarten students memorized scripture each month.  During the Easter season, the children memorized John 3:16 and 17, and they learned a song to go with the scripture.  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son; that whosoever believes on Him should not perish...but have everlasting life.  For God sent NOT His Son into the world to condemn the world:  but that the world through Him might be saved."

Marcia's Monthly Newsletter for Parents.  Copyright 2009 Marcia Norwood

Marcia's Monthly Newsletter for Parents.  Copyright 2009 Marcia Norwood



The FUN Easter includes the Easter Bunny, eggs, and Easter baskets.   

It was absolutely hilarious to interview my students (boys and girls) and get their descriptions of the Easter Bunny.  

I called each child up individually, and made sure the children couldn't hear each other.  I typed up their responses;  printed them off; and the children added the paper with their story  to a bunny craft they created in class.   

Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood
  
Look at their precious faces!

They were so certain of their descriptions.  

Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood
  
Their "Bunny Tales" crack me up.  

I think their stories would make hilarious animated cartoons with the child's voice as a narrator.  


Bunny Tales

 Easter 2007 

By Mrs. Norwood’s Kids

   
Pink and White Construction Paper  Craft with Cotton Ball Tail.  Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

Pink and White Construction Paper  Craft with Cotton Ball Tail. Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood
    
Alyssa
(Age:  5 years)

The Easter Bunny is a boy. 
He weighs about 50 pounds and
he’s way taller than me.
He is a little blue and a little white.
He lives up where Jesus lives.
He flies to get to all the children.
He knocks on our door and
we have to get out of there.
We have a key to our lock.
I don’t know how he gets our key.
He brings Easter Bunny eggs.


Londyn
(Age:  5 years)

The Easter Bunny is a girl.
She is white and weighs 35 pounds.
She wears a Easter Bunny costume.
She has black and white eyes.
She lives in the grass in a hole
by the lily pad in Blue Springs.
One night she grabbed a car,
and she didn’t know which way to go.
She looked on “The List” for my house.
She has a key to my house.
We always have keys,
but the Easter Bunny bought a key to my house.
She comes in the door:  “Hop!  Hop!  Hop!”

 
Conner
(Age:  5 years)

The Easter Bunny wears a bunny suit.
He’s a boy.
He is white with pink ears.
Maybe he’s like 12 feet tall,
and 50 pounds.
What does he eat? 
Hmmmm…. I don’t really know.
They hop around with eggs.
Maybe he lives in a deep hole or
nest in Oak Grove by my Old Papa.
He uses the chimney (like Santa)
to get into my house.
He gives eggs to us.
That’s all.
 

Jordan
(Age:  5 years)

The Easter Bunny is a girl.
Her name is Ella.
She wears a pink dress and
delivers Easter eggs.
She gets in from the front door
that is unlocked.
She has a Daddy and Momma.
She is five.
She leaves Easter eggs.
Sometimes I wish the Easter Bunny
lives at my house.
She eats lettuce.
I used to have a real bunny.

Sydney
(Age:  4 years)

The Easter Bunny is a boy.
He gives Easter toys and a fake egg.
He lives at his house in a big tree in the country.
He wears just fur and a red and blue bow.
He eats carrots because bunnies like them.
The Easter Bunny comes down the chimney.
He brings me a kite.
I give him cookie letters.
 


Riley
(Age:  5 years)

The Easter Bunny is a girl
with white fur and a little black fur.
She lives in a hole in America.
She eats carrots.
Auggie (my doggy) hunts the Easter Bunny. 
He thinks things like that are good to eat.
He (Auggie) is asleep when
the Easter Bunny hops to my house.
My Dad doesn’t set the alarm,
so she can come in our front door.
She brings candy and an Easy Bake Oven.
You know-- it’s not a real bunny. 
It’s a person dressed in a costume.
The Easter Bunny could be one bunny
that never runs out of energy…
or maybe one bunny goes to one house and then
another bunny goes to another house.
It’s like they have territories.

Carson
(Age:  5 years)

The Easter Bunny is 3 feet tall.
He weighs 60 hundred pounds.
He’s a boy and he is purple and white.
He wears Easter Bunny clothes.
He stays at my house all year and sleeps with me.
He snores like this: “zzzssszzz.”
He goes through my chimney to get in.
He brings lots . . . lots . . .
lots of candy . . . 
160 thousand candies!

 
Ivan
(Age:  5 years)

The Easter Bunny is big . . . about 12 inches tall.
He is white and he wears a red, blue and green hat.
He lives in a hole in New York City.
I think he gets to our houses by airplane.
He brings one toy and some candy.
He comes in the door. 
I don’t know how he gets in . . . 
maybe the chimney:
‘cause everything’s locked.



Tatum
(Age:  5 years)

The Easter Bunny is a girl.
She is gray.
She wears silver pants and a pink shirt.
She lives outside in Kansas.
She bunny hops to my house . . .  it’s not far.
She hops in the downstairs window.
We leave the window open.
She does the bunny hop every single day!

 

Brittany
(Age:  5 years)

The Easter Bunny is a girl.
She wears green pants and a pink shirt.
She hops.
She comes in the open door at my house.
I don’t know where she lives.
She gives me candy.


Conrad
(Age 5 years)

The Easter Bunny is a boy.
He is pink and he doesn’t wear clothes.
I think he is about 40 pounds and like 60 tall.
He lives in a cave.
He snaps his fingers to get to people’s houses.
Then he snaps fingers again to get inside.
Only the Easter Bunny and Santa can do it.
He gives me a chocolate bunny from last year.
He lays out jelly beans from each room
and on the kitchen table.
I know about the REAL Easter.
It’s when Jesus died on the cross.
The people banged and banged on him.
He rose again.
That’s the REAL Easter.


Pink and White Construction Paper  Craft with Cotton Ball Tail. Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


 



2008 Edition 


FANTASTIC BUNNY TALES. 

This is a tradition in my class each Easter

I hope you have as much fun reading these...

as I had interviewing the boys and girls! 

I'm an Art Linkletter want-to-be! 



The children are SO CREATIVE!

These are absolutely HILARIOUS! 

 
Pink and White Construction Paper  Craft with Cotton Ball Tail. Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood



Land!  Ears!  Land!
By Anna

The Easter Bunny is a boy. 
He is white, and he wears a blue bow tie.
He lives in Easter Land and
that's far, far, away...
close to Dorothy's house in Oz.
He has a house by himself.
He had a bed.
He's BIG - taller than me...
taller than my Dad.
He has "flying ears" that
spin around to go up in the air.
He says:  "Land!  Ears!  Land!"
He brings a map.
He goes down the chimney -
and out of my furnace...
because I don't have a fireplace.
I like it when he gives us eggs and treats.
He brings movies, toys and money.
We love him and we love his goodies.
I know this...
well I just made most of it up --
but I have a book about him.




Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

 Home On the Driving Range
By Tre

The Easter Bunny is a boy.
He has white fur and NO clothes.
He is tall - about 50 feet up,
And he has red eyes, and
he lives at the Country Club.
I live by there, too.
He hops and jumps real fast
to get to all the kids.
He climbs on the roof and
comes down the chimney.
The Easter Bunny brings me
an Easter Basket and
money from his bag.
Santa and the Easter Bunny
have bags with money.
When I go to the driving range...
I see his house.
He hops around
at the driving range.



 
Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


Easter Egg Town
By Ellissa

The Easter Bunny is a boy.
He wears a scarf
with yellow stripes.
He has white fur.
I think he lives where
there are lots of
Easter eggs...
up North:
in Easter Egg Town,
Maybe he's just magic.
He tricks himself.
He walks to everyone's house.
He has a key to get inside.
I have two doors.
He comes in the front door.
The best thing is he hides eggs.
I heard the Easter Bunny's BIG feet.
When I come down –
he hops out...
but I saw his
little
black
bunny
tail!



 
Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

Easter Bunny World
By Sydney

The Easter Bunny is a girl.
She has white fur and black eyes.
She wears a blue and white dress
with pink buttons; a red skirt;
and blue panty hose.
She has two teeth out
and the rest are inside.
She is big and pretty,
and she has pink inside her ears.
She lives where all the rest
of the Big Easter Bunnies live...
 in Easter Bunny Land...
 in Easter Bunny World.
She hops to my house
and opens the
back porch window.
She has a key to get in.
The Easter Bunny
leaves candy in my bucket.
She brings candy
and she shares
stuff.
 


 
Pink and White Construction Paper  Craft with Cotton Ball Tail. Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


We Don't Own the Woods
By Jonathan

The Easter Bunny is a boy.
He is white with Easter bunny stuff like ears.
His eyes are black and green and white...
like yours and mine.
He lives underground in the woods.
Especially I saw him one time
in our neighborhood.
He was hopping.
He lives in our woods –
or somebody's woods.
We don't own the woods. 
I think not.
Our cousin, Brenan and Moriah: 
their parents own the woods.
The Easter Bunny hops.
He takes his suit off and drives...
and he also rides on an airplane
to get to all the kids' houses.
He goes down the chimney
and hops out: 
"Boink!"
He hops high!
He unlocks the door to get out.
I don't know if he left me stuff -
or if my friends
and Mom and Dad hide it.



Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


Hopper
By Selia

The Easter Bunny is a boy.
I know because when I went to church...
I asked him, and he said he was a boy.
He wears a vest with eggs on it
that are red, blue, pink, and green.
His pants are blue.
Oh!  Yeah! 
My Dad hugged the Easter Bunny this year.
He is bigger than me
and smaller than my Dad.
I kissed him!
He hugged me back at church.
Hmmmm.
Once I saw a rabbit hop in a hole.
I was watching from the
first window by the kitchen area.
I was being super quiet
so not to scare him away.
He gets on my porch,
and I flip up my window,
and let him in.
My Mom and Dad don't know
I let a bunny in.
He hops really high to get to my window.
He snuggles up to me
in bed to my neck.
He gets food from the table.
I named him:
 "Hopper!"

 
Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


The Easter Guy
By Payton

The Easter Bunny is a boy.
He has brown eyes
and white fur.
He is as tall
as my sister, Sydney.

He lives in the
Easter Place,
and
you get there
by going to Paradise Park.

He wears a blue shirt and jeans.
He likes hopping.
The Easter Bunny
opens the door
with a key.
He gets the key
from The Easter Guy...
who’s  in charge of keys.
He leaves candy.
I got my picture
taken with him.



   
Easter Bunny Town
By Sawyer

The Easter Bunny is a boy.
I guess he lives
at his bunny house
in Bunny Town.
It's close to Earth.
He is white
and
he wears bunny rabbit clothes.
He comes in the door
of my house.
He unlocks it
with his bunny key.
He gives me candy
and hides every single egg
at a place where
people can't find them.
Then he goes back
to Easter Bunny Town.



Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

Never Seen Him 
By Darian

The Easter Bunny is a boy.
Maybe he's kinda white.
His ears are
strawberry color.

He is BIG!
  This big...about six inches!
Probably he lives
at the cemetery.
He gots a tunnel.
It's his house.
He hops
and
keeps on jumpin'
through the door.
He gives me all kinds of candy
on the table.
I never seen him.
Not me!







The Painting Bunny
By Shayla

The Easter Bunny is a girl.
She is pink with white fur.
She has brown eyes.
She wears a pretty outfit with a butterfly
and ice cream on the shirt...like mine.
She wears girl shoes.
She lives in a Secret Place...called California.
She kinda lives in the tomb where Jesus was.
You know the stone was rolled away.
The Painting Bunny - he works all the time....
painting walls and eggs.
He has a sleigh...like Santa....but with no reindeer.
The Easter Bunny has some little bunnies:
girl bunnies and boy bunnies.
The girl bunnies are on one side of the sleigh,
and the boy bunnies are on the other.
They fly all around and go down chimneys.
They give kids Easter stuff...
like name tags and special things...
like toy kitty cats and bears and colors.
After Easter...
she goes back to the tomb...
until next Easter.

   
Ready to have some fun?

Interview your students, children, grandchildren, or favorite boy or girl, with the same importance and passion as if you were interviewing someone for radio or television.  Take notes.  Type up their responses.  

First Chapter of SHOW & TELL U.  Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


Ask...

1.  Is the Easter Bunny a boy or girl?

2.  What does the Easter Bunny look like?

3.  Is the Easter Bunny short or tall?  How tall?

4.  How much does the Easter Bunny weigh?

5.  What color is the Easter Bunny?

6.  What clothes does the Easter Bunny wear?

7.  Where does the Easter Bunny live?

8.  What does the Easter Bunny eat?

9.  How does the Easter Bunny get to your house?

10.  How does the Easter Bunny get inside your house?

11.  What does the Easter Bunny leave for you?

12.   Where does the Easter Bunny go after Easter?

13.  How do you know all this?

14.  What else do you want to tell me about the Easter Bunny?


Have FUN!

First Chapter of Show & Tell U.  Marcia and Students.  Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood
 
Easter Sunday is April 20, 2014.
  

Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often, and invite a friend!

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

From Left:  Daughter Faith (hates costumed animals), Granddaughter Megan, Easter Bunny, Daughter Sarah.  COpyright 2007 Marcia Norwood








       


















No comments:

Post a Comment