TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Monday, March 3, 2014

IN THE PRESENCE OF MY ENEMIES

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking


IN THE PRESENCE OF MY ENEMIES

Is it possible to be happy when every situation isn't as you want it to be?
 
Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

 
Is it possible to be at peace when everyone isn't doing what you want them to do?

Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood



Is it possible to be content when you don't have everything you desire?


Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


Is it possible to celebrate despite the storms of life?



Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood



I've recited the words to the  23rd Psalm hundreds of times.  

King James Version (KJV)

 1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.


He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
    


Sometimes certain words  jump off the page with new meaning and insight:  a perfect fit for the storms of life

There have been a few times in my life I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't get out of bed.  I couldn't eat.    I wondered if I would laugh again, or celebrate anything.  

I earnestly prayed for everything to be in order:  my order...my way.    I wanted my prodigal home,  my health and family restored, my work recognized and rewarded, my bank account bigger, and all my enemies to go away...far far away.

I prayed scripture.  I found a promise in God's Word, and repeated it back to Him - and in faith  I claimed it specifically for me.

GOD:  "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over."

ME:  "When did you write that, God?  Has that been in my Bible the whole time?  You expect me to go ahead and eat in the presence of my enemies?  In the presence of my enemies?  Blessings, Lord?  In the presence of my enemies?"

I gave up my desire for control.  I  surrendered to The Good Shepherd...before my prodigal came home,  before my health and family were restored, before my work was recognized and rewarded, before my bank account increased. 

My enemies have not yet disappeared, but I choose to eat, and laugh, and celebrate - in the presence of my enemies - because I trust The Good Shepherd to use every experience for my ultimate good and for His glory.  




Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

Yes! 

It is possible to be happy when every situation isn't as you want it to be.


Yes!

It is possible to be at peace when everyone isn't doing what you want them to do.

Yes!

It is possible to be content when you don't have everything you desire.


Are they smiling?!  Yes!  Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


Psalm 23 

(The Message Bible)

1 God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.

2 You have bedded me down in lush meadows, You find me quiet pools to drink from.  

3 True to your word, You let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.  

4 Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when You walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure.

5 You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies.  You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing.  

6 Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.



Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood

Storms of life are inevitable. 

We are either coming out of one,  
                            in the midst of one,
                                             or going into one.

You can trust The Good Shepherd.

"My sheep hear My voice,
and I know them, 
and they follow Me."

John 10:27 
The Holy Bible
NKJV, New King James Version


Gracia Burnham's Book:
 "In The Presence of My Enemies"
CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/in-the-presence-of-my-enemies-gracia-burnham/1102252315?ean=9780842381383

In the Presence of My Enemies



Overview

2004 ECPA Gold Medallion winner! Soon after September 11, the news media stepped up its coverage of Martin and Gracia Burnham, the missionary couple held hostage in the Philippine jungle by terrorists with ties to Osama bin Laden. After a year of captivity and a violent rescue that resulted in Martin's death, the world watched Gracia Burnham return home in June 2002.

In this riveting personal account, Burnham tells for the very first time the real story behind the news—about their harrowing ordeal, about how it affected their relationship with each other and with God, about the terrorists who held them, about the actions of the U.S. and Philippine governments, and about how they were affected by the prayers of thousands of Christians throughout the world. Tyndale House Publishers



Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often, and invite a friend!

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
 Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

Copyright 2008 Marcia Norwood


No comments:

Post a Comment