TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

FRIENDSHIP ROSE

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/

FRIENDSHIP 

Relationship between two people
     affection
        sympathy
           empathy
              honesty
                 compassion
                    understanding
                       fun
                          trust
                             faith
                                love
                                   caring
                                        



"But friendship is the breathing rose,
with sweets in every fold."

Oliver Wendell Holmes
(1809-1894)
American physician, poet, professor, lecturer and author.


Hand-picked Roses.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


There is a time when mothers and daughters become friends

If we try to be friends when our girls are too young, they lose a mother.  

Then who will be their mother?  


Being a mom is often a thank-less job, but not always.

My daughter, Faith, gave me red carnations for Valentine's Day.  They bloomed for 19 days.    
  
 
Faith's Gift.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood



This week, Faith gifted me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers that she hand picked from the florist:  red, yellow, ivory and lavender roses and a red carnation.
 
Faith's Gift.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


I arranged each flower carefully in two of my favorite blue-and-white vases.  I gently touched the precious petals, and drank in their fragrance.  I brushed my hand across the rosemary in the pot next to the roses. It's scent lingered on my hands.  For one brief moment I forgot about the snow covered ground outside my kitchen window.


My Kitchen Window.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

"Why beautiful flowers again?" I asked my daughter.

 "I just wanted to thank you for taking me to divisional championship swim meets, Mom," said Faith.





Going to swim practice and swim meets is something we always do.  It's nothing out of the ordinary.  

What's extraordinary is a young woman who brings gifts (purchased with her hard-earned money) to her mom, and to countless others.  Only God knows each act of kindness Faith bestows on others.  One day He will reward her openly for her acts done in secret.

I'm proud to share that Faith earned medals in every event she swam at division championships.  She trains hard every day at swim practice. 

I'm even more proud, in a godly way, of the way Faith lives her life in service to others.  

      
Faith's Gift.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Faith's Gift.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


    
Rosemary & Roses.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

  


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood
Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often, and invite a friend!

Marcia Norwood
Mother to Kristin, Benjamin, Sarah & Faith
Grandmother to Joshua, Megan, Emily & Caleb
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking





Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood



No comments:

Post a Comment