TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Monday, April 7, 2014

A LETTER TO MY DAUGHTER

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

A LETTER TO MY DAUGHTER...
MY FIRSTBORN

Happy Birthday, Kristin!  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood



NOTE:  With THANKS to  Billy Crystal (City Slickers movie) who inspired my annual birthday phone call to my daughter, Kristin.

CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101587/trivia
Another true story from Billy Crystal's life is the wake up call from his mother on his birthday. According to Billy in the DVD Commentary, in real life, his mother would call him on his birthday at around 5 o'clock in the morning (the time he was born) and verbally re-enact the event over the phone. The rendition in the film is word-for-word the true story of Billy Crystal's birth.  
 
CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
 http://www.movies.com/city-slickers/m12705



Dear Kristin,

You will be 504 months old tomorrow, April 8, 2014.

I remember the day before you were born:  April 7, 1972.

My water broke in the early morning while I was still in bed.

Jeannie and Ray, our next door neighbors at the townhouse heard me yelling through the thin walls - before your dad (who was sound asleep right next to me) woke up.  He insisted I wet the bed, and refused to get up.

I called the doctor's office, and they advised  me to stay at home. 

My mom (Mema)  and  Granny Lucille came to the rescue.

Mema cussed, and cleaned our townhouse. 

Granny Lucille made pies. 

That's just what they did.

Twenty-four hours later - I went to the hospital. 

My regular OB/GYN was out of town, and a horrible doctor took his place: not one nurse liked him.  (He was later fired.)

Your head came out while the doctor hid out in the doctor's lounge.

Mema banged repeatedly on the door of the doctor's lounge, and warned him:  "If you don't come out and deliver my first grandchild - then I'll do it, and send you the bill."

It was too late for drugs or an epidural.

Your dad almost missed your birth when he went home to feed the demon-cat, Billy Jack. 

You were born April 8, 1972: totally bald - and totally beautiful - wearing the Norwood nose. 

I wondered how I carried you for nine months, and you came out looking like his side of the family.

 I fell in love with you immediately.
Kristin Lee Norwood.  Copyright 1972  Marcia Norwood
  
You will be 504 months old (that's 42 years) tomorrow, April 8, 2014.
 
Kristin.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood

Happy Birthday to my first-born.

You are a beautiful wife to Dave, and mother to Joshua, Emily and Caleb, but you will always be my little girl.

I love you,
Mom 

Kristin & Marcia.  Copyright 1976 Marcia Norwood

December 26, 1992:  Kristin & Marcia.  Copyright 1992 Marcia Norwood


Dave, Kristin, Caleb, Joshua, Emily.  Copyright 2009 Marcia Norwood
Kristin "mothering"  Her Look-A-Like Daughter (Marcia's Granddaughter) Emily Grace.  Copyright 2010  Marcia Norwood

 
Kristin and Caleb.  Copyright 2003 Marcia Norwood

 
Emily Grace & Kristin.  Copyright 2009 Marcia Norwood

Kristin, Emily, Dave, Joshua.  Copyright 2000 Marcia Norwood

Joshua, Emily, Santa, Caleb, David, Kristin.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Joshua, Kristin, Emily and Caleb.  Copyright 2006 Marcia Norwood


Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often, and invite a friend!

Marcia Norwood
Kristin's Mom
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking 


 
 












 




No comments:

Post a Comment