TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

GIVE THANKS UNTO GOD

Mary Marcia
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking



Link:   http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/2016/11/give-thanks-unto-god.html




GIVE THANKS UNTO GOD

While organizing and sorting through boxes in my home,  I discovered  a treasure:  a box filled with nursery class stories and photos on Sunday School handouts from 1938 through 1942!  

The images were copyrighted by Providence Lithograph Co. and  printed by the Southern Baptist Convention as a part of their NURSERY CLASS STORIES.  

My mother-in-law, Marie Norwood, must have treasured the cards almost 80 years ago, because she saved the cards her five boys brought home from Beaumont Baptist Church in Kansas City, Missouri, and she wrote the boy's names and dates on most of the cards.   
 
Marie and her husband, Doyle and four of their five boys are now in heaven. 
CLICK on image to enlarge.  Doyle and Marie Norwood and their five boys: Jim, Fred, David, Michael, and Ed (1949). 


As families gather to celebrate Thanksgiving 2016, I pray we remember to bow our heads, and give thanks to GOD.

We have this rare opportunity to look back in time through my brother-in-law, David Paul Norwood's church nursery card handouts from November 1942, and see how children were encouraged to give thanks to GOD 74 years ago.


Click on each image to enlarge.


CLICK on image to enlarge. November 22, 1942

GIVE THANKS TO GOD

The back of each card has a song, a story, or a note to parents.


CLICK on image to enlarge.
November 22, 1942


Song: In the Morning

In the morning I open my eyes; 
I stretch myself and then I rise.
I go to breakfast 
and bow my head,
and thank dear GOD for milk and bread.

 
  
CLICK on image to enlarge.
November 15, 1942


GIVE THANKS TO GOD

CLICK on image to enlarge.
November 15, 1942




CLICK on image to enlarge.
November 8, 1942


HE CARETH FOR YOU

CLICK on image to enlarge. 
November 8, 1942
         
CLICK on image to enlarge.
November  1942

 HE CARETH FOR YOU

CLICK on image to enlarge. November  1942




GOD CARES FOR YOU.

GIVE THANKS TO GOD.


 A Thanksgiving Prayer





Help me, LORD,
To honor you
by the way I use the blessings
for which I give thanks.

Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often and invite a friend! 


Mary Marcia
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking
CLICK on image to enlarge.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment