TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

WHAT'S THE VIEW FROM WHERE YOU ARE?

Mary Marcia
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking


Link:  http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/2015/08/whats-view-from-where-you-are.html

What's the View From Where You Are?
Copyright 2003 Mary Marcia Norwood


"I wish for a train ride for my 9th birthday!" said my daughter, Sarah. "I've never-ever been on a train! Pl-e-e-e-e-ase, Mommy!"




CLICK on image to enlarge.  Granddaughter Megan Jewell, Daughters Sarah Zheng-Kang  and Faith Fu Ju.  Copyright 2003 Marcia Norwood

Two of my daughters, Sarah and Faith, and my granddaughter, Megan were dressed in matching blue and white pin-striped overalls and red turtlenecks.  We boarded the Amtrak train in Lee's Summit, Missouri, and were off on our adventure to Jefferson City, Missouri's capital city, to make Sarah's birthday wish come true. 


CLICK on image to enlarge. Granddaughter Megan Jewell, Daughters Sarah Zheng-Kang  and Faith Fu Ju.  Copyright 2003 Marcia Norwood

  "Let's call Mema (my mother) from the train," I said as we neared our destination.

"What's the view from where you are?" Mema asked me.

"We're crossing over a bridge and have beautiful views of the Missouri River. We're about to arrive in Jefferson City." I said.

All three girls chattered at the same time to Mema as they shared what they saw from the windows of the train.

Two weeks later, my mother died. She battled cancer bravely for over two years. The hospice nurses who cared for Mom called her their Hospice Poster Girl. Mom made peace with herself, her family, and with God before she crossed the bridge  to Heaven.

If I could talk to Mom today, I would thank her for pouring so much love into me that it continues to overflow into the lives of my own children and grandchildren, and I would ask her:  


"What's the view from where you are in Heaven?" 



CLICK on image to enlarge. Mom (Natalie Bush) on her wedding day, 1947.  Copyright 1947 Marcia Norwood

Family  Wedding Photos


CLICK on image to enlarge. Mom (Natalie Bush) and me on my wedding day, 1970.  Copyright 1970 Marcia Norwood

 What's the view from where you are today?

Thanks for stopping by!
Come back often, and invite a friend! 



Mary Marcia
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment