TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Thursday, August 6, 2015

IN THE MARGIN

Mary Marcia
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking



http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/

I opened my Bible this morning 
to the book of Psalms
and began reading Psalm 1.

My handwritten notes  
in the margin of my Bible  
caught my attention. 


Copyright 2015 Marcia Norwood

I like to write notes in the margin of my Bible
during my own Bible study time,
and also when I'm sitting under the 
preaching and teaching
of  GOD's anointed pastors and teachers.


The first note I wrote
in the margin 
was a question to GOD 
from me:
"What do you see when you look at me?
Do you see your reflection?"

The next note:
"Christmas Carol 1982 -
A body hast thou prepared for me" 
is a reference to a Bible quote
on the Christmas song and card I created in 1982.

  
Copyright 2015 Marcia Norwood


  One note is a quote
from one of my favorite pastors,
Dr. William O Poe.

Instantly I was transported back to 1976.
Dr. Poe's voice echoed throughout the auditorium
and fell on me as I sat in a white pew 
at Waldo Avenue Baptist Church
in Independence, Missouri.


"The whole earth is held in His power
by a delicate balance."  
Bro. Poe

 
Copyright 2015 Marcia Norwood



The quote 
in the margin of my Bible
that made me smile and cry
was not in my own handwriting.

The note near the center of the fold of my Bible 
was in my daughter, Kristin's handwriting.
  
"I love you, mom!  Love, Kristin"


Copyright 2015 Marcia Norwood

My beautiful daughter, Kristin,
used my Bible to study a scripture
she memorized:  Psalm 1.

Copyright 2015 Marcia Norwood

 Kristin drew a rectangle 
around Psalm 1 as she studied it in my Bible,
and my precious little girl wrote a love note to me
in the margin of my Bible
that thrills my heart and soul
just as much today as it did 30 years ago.

    "I love you, mom!  Love, Kristin"
 
Copyright 2015 Marcia Norwood

    "I love you, mom!  Love, Kristin"

Kristin and Marcia.  Copyright 1976 Marcia Norwood


Kristin and Marcia.  Copyright 1993 Marcia Norwood

 
Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


My firstborn 
is now Dave's wife, 
and mother
to Joshua, Emily and Caleb. 

Joshua, Emily, SANTA, Caleb, Dave and Kristin at Crown Center 2013.

The words from Psalm 1 
that  Kristin hid in her heart as a child,

continue to guide her and me,
and the next generation of our family.

Psalm 1 
BLESSED is the man 
that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, 
nor standeth in the way of sinners, 
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight 
is in the law of the LORD; 
and in his law 
doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree 
planted by the rivers of water, 
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; 
his leaf also shall not wither; 
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

The ungoldy are not so:  
but are like the chaff 
which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly 
shall not stand in the judgment, 
nor sinners 
in the congregation of the righteous.

For the LORD 
knoweth the way of the righteous: 
but the way of the ungodly 
shall perish. 

The Holy Bible
King James Version


What's in the margin of your Bible?

Thanks for stopping by!
Come back often, and invite a friend! 



Mary Marcia
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking




 

No comments:

Post a Comment