TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, December 12, 2014

I CUT MY HAIR IN MY SLEEP

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking






http://tellmeastory-marcia.blospot.com


A good laugh,
and a long sleep
are the two best cures
for anything.


Irish Proverb


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood
 
There's a first time for everything.  

I CUT MY HAIR IN MY SLEEP.  

Seriously.  

I've WALKED in my sleep before.  When I was a little girl I  walked outside to my Granny Lucille's front porch at midnight to watch a parade in my sleep.  Mom found me waving and clapping, but there was no midnight parade.  I was sound asleep with my eyes open.  

This is the first time I  CUT MY HAIR IN MY SLEEP.   

I cut it dry, too - not wet like I usually do when I'm awake.  

So much for the longer, Prince-Valiant-bob I was going for.  



  
CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrSbDssDItUwDAA39ZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0bXE3ZTE4BHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDUzMV8x?_adv_prop=image&fr=mcafee&va=pRINCE+valiant+HAIR


My hair is now pretty short, and somehow the cut released even more curls than usual.  Did I mention I have naturally curly hair?  

Even my curls have curls.  

I tried to push down the curls and kinda straighten them with Alberto-VO5 conditioner - but that didn't work.  

More curls keep popping up.  

The curls on the top of my head wave at you.  

David Letterman will understand.  He once commented on his curly hair, and announced  he was raised by poodles.  

Me, too.  

Me, too.  







 


 CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
http://www.oocities.org/davidletterman82/BarbaraWalters1992Interview.html 



NOTE: This transcript comes from a rerun of the Barbara Walters Lifetime cable series. 
The prologue that Barbara gives is more recent, but the interview itself is from January 29, 1992.

WALTERS: The childhood in Indiana, happy memories?

LETTERMAN: Largely, yeah, happy memories.

WALTERS: Middle child?

LETTERMAN: Right.

WALTERS: You know what we hear about middle children.

LETTERMAN: Raised by poodles. Did you know that? Was that in your notes?

WALTERS: No, I didn't know that. That's nice. Mommy poodle and a daddy poodle?

LETTERMAN: No. I had a great childhood. I wish I had something to complain about. I mean, I had an older sister and a younger sister and a mom and dad and played little league baseball and had a tree house, you know, dropped out of school  in the fourth grade and ran away, was tortured by circus people, found me naked and wandering in the desert six weeks later.   Other than that, it was okay. 




Thanks for stopping by!
Come back often, and invite a friend.
 
Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood
Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment