TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, August 15, 2014

BROKEN

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking


http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/

BROKEN
“Let my heart be broken with the things that break God’s heart.”

Bob Pierce, Founder World Vision

CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:

http://www.billygraham.info/quotes/mission-quotes-bob-pierce/

Friend Rebecca, Granddaughter Megan, Adopted Daughters Faith Fu Ju and Sarah Zheng-Kang.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood

 God broke my heart in 1999, 

when I learned the plight of 

163 million orphans 

around the world.

God asked me to take it personally,

and do something about it.

I did.

I have two chosen children, adopted daughters,

and I continue to advocate for orphans.

 

I designed these shirts for November's National  ADOPTION MONTH celebration.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood

God broke my heart in 2011,

when I learned the plight of 

women, men and children 

held captive in slavery around the world.

 God asked me to take it personally,

and do something about it.

I am.

Today, I'm sharing stories so

your eyes will be opened.

 

Did you know 

that more girls/women 

have been killed 

in the sex slavery industry 

in the past 50 years 

than all the men 

killed in all the wars? 

This is an international holocaust 

against women….

but boys and families 

are taken as slaves also.  

Girls (and boys) 

who are taken into slavery 

(average age is 13) 

only live for 7 years. 

 

Please read my notes about what happened 

to open my eyes in April 2011.

 
Daughters Sarah and Faith, Sara Groves, and Granddaughter Megan.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood.

BROKEN

I can barely speak...My eyes keep filling with tears...I have no words yet for what the girls and I experienced Saturday at the Northland Women's Conference...thanks to Dee Brestin and Sara Groves, Christian singer/songwriter/recording artist.

www.saragroves.com     Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood


God is stirring something in my heart...but for now - my heart is broken for what women/girls are experiencing around the world....slavery.

More women have been killed through slavery in the past 50 years than all the men in all the wars combined.

We need to open our eyes to the horror and learn how to get involved in fighting the good fight. What if our daughters were taken into slavery and horrendous things done to them repeatedly?

Who will help them?

I will.

How about you?

 
Visit:  www.ijm.org

BROKEN

April 7, 2011 at 4:40pm

  • Gone Away

  • WILDFLOWERS

  • Came Home Another Way

BROKEN

I’ve been gone for three days….all by myself..(and that's an unusual thing) to the Lake of the Ozarks at Camp Windermere.  Our family just had  two wonderful weeks of mountaintop experiences with the Art Show, then the Chris Tomlin concert with Louis Giglio - followed by the women’s conference with Sara Groves.  It was a HUGE blessing to hear from our favorite  Christian singer/songwriters/speakers in one week.
  
CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0LEVwkKWO5T73QAs8VXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0dXE3bGFuBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDQ2Nl8x?p=lou+giglio%2F

Saturday at the women’s conference Sara Groves spoke about human  trafficking and about IJM, a ministry that helps.

I was broken.  

God verified to me through Sara’s words and songs that He wanted to meet with me and talk.

God has been speaking to me for about two years about helping in some way with helping to free human slaves around the world.  Prior to now - the sex trade has been just too difficult for me to really look at.

I could barely speak - except to cry on Saturday night and Sunday.  I knew God was calling me away to be alone with Him.   I’ve been away for conferences and seminars and speaking engagements….but NEVER have I ever sensed that God was calling me away to be alone with Him.

"What will you do?" my sister, Gloria asked.  "Just pray?"

I packed my Bible, Bill Hybels book, The Power of a Whisper, my favorite praise and worship CD's, my favorite comfortable clothes including my pink fluffy housecoat and a few groceries.

Books, Bible and CDs on my table at the cabin.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood

  
GONE AWAY

My family  agreed that God was calling me away to spend time alone with HIM.  I spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at Windermere, at the Lake of the Ozarks... in tiny little Cabin 352...on the edge of the lake.

It was
incredible –
wonderful –
scary –
inspirational –
and quiet with no televisions, no radios, no internet, and my phone kept going in and out of service in the midst of the Missouri hills.

God spoke to me through nature - His creation;  through his Word -  The Bible;  and through Bill Hybel’s book, The Power of a WHISPER.  Some things I can talk about – some things I can not.  God is definitely doing something new in my heart and my life as I surrender everything to Him.


WILDFLOWERS

Tuesday... I sat on the grassy hillside just outside my cabin on the lake.  I looked down beneath my feet, and saw tiny little purple and white flowers - wildflowers - weeds really.

I almost crushed them with my tennis shoes.

I got down on my hands and feet to see them more closely. 

Each beautiful little lavender flower face  was only about 1/4 inch in diameter,  and the tiniest white ones were only about 1/8 inch.  They were shorter and almost hidden between the blades of grass as they stretching upwards toward the sun.

I saw hundreds - maybe thousands of wildflowers covering the hillside...sparkling - dancing in the wind.

"These wildflowers must be a symbol for the girls (and boys and families) who are suffering in slavery around the world." I thought.  "The ones who are ignored, and trod on."

But God showed me something more.

There's NO "them" and "me" or "them" and "us."

We are them.  

They are us.  

We are ALL wildflowers.

Read  James 1: 9-11  (NIV) and Isaiah 40: 6.

I sat down in my folding chair on the hillside covered with tiny wildflowers and picked up WHISPERS by Bill Hybels, and began to read....about WILDFLOWERS.  Bill wrote about how the Bible say the rich will pass away like a WILDFLOWER.  (James 1:  9-11)....and "All men are like grass and all their glory is like the flowers of the field."  (Isaiah 40:  6).

The Cross of Christ lifts up the poor and brings down the high.

It is the great leveler of men.

 I picked some of the wildflowers, and pressed them in my Bible, so I would never forget.

CLICK on each image to ENLARGE.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood


I searched for beads with lavender wildflowers, and designed this bracelet using Handpainted Porcelain Wildflower Beads.  I will never forget the men, women and children in slavery.   Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood
 

CAME HOME ANOTHER WAY

I am changed.

I spiritually and literally took another route home from Windermere.

Before hitting the road - I stopped at a gas station.  A woman in her 40's took my money.

God whispered to me to tell her that I was here to talk to Him, and I would pray for her.  I told her my name, and I asked her name.  It was Dee.

Dee thanked me for paying and for praying for her.  I got back in my red Nissan Quest and drove a few feet.

"Go back and ask Dee what specific prayer request she has."

"Really?"  I asked my Heavenly Father.  I reminded Him that I has asked her name, and told her I would pray for her.

No response.   I've learned from Bill Hybels example to go with the last WHISPER that I heard.  I stopped the Quest - went back inside.  Dee was in another room.

"Dee,"  I called.  "It's Marcia again.   "I didn't ask you if you had a specific prayer request.  Do you?"

Dee came in from the storeroom with a big smile on her face.  She actually looked me straight in the eyes and said:  "No.  Nothing specific.  I'm doing okay for now.  Thanks, though."

"Okay, Dee.  I'll just ask God to speak directly to you to tell you what you should do next," and I walked back into the Quest and turned onto AA...and then to 54 West...and to 65 North.

Somewhere - on the road home - it hit me.  People like Dee - and often like me - don't even think of talking to God when "everything is OK."   They/we only go to God with our problems and hurts and wants.

Our God is a relational God.  He wants to talk to us and He wants us to talk to Him.  Not only in the difficult times - but Always.  No other god desires this personal relationship.  Christianity is not a list of do's and don'ts.  It's a personal relationship with our Heavenly Father - through Jesus Christ.

Please pray for me that I would have ears to hear and eyes to see and a heart to serve, as  I listen to God.  For now – I’m STILL listening to His WHISPERS.

If you haven't read Bill Hybels, "The Power of a WHISPER"  - run and get it.  Get out your highlighter and STOP the ambient noise in your life and LISTEN to the WHISPERS of  God.

I have been called to do something with “what is in my hand” about slavery.  

Now you know.

 More girls/women 

have been killed 

in the sex slavery industry 

in the past 50 years 

than all the men 

killed in all the wars. 

This is an international holocaust 

against women….

but boys and families 

are taken as slaves also.  

Girls (and boys) 

who are taken into slavery 

(average age is 13) 

only live for 7 years.


 Dr. Dobson’s interview:  The Tragedy of Human Trafficking in the US:  http://myfamilytalk.com/Broadcasts/Broadcast.aspx?i=94fc73b0-d600-475d-a541-73bb23efe22a

There is a documentary being made that will be available :  http://www.sexandmoneyfilm.com/

Website to end slavery:  http://www.endslaverynow.com/

Website for IJM:  http://www.ijm.org/
 Check out the section GET INVOLVED for churches: http://www.ijm.org/getinvolved/churches

Cabin 352
Red Nissan QuestCabin 352.  Copyright 2011Marcia Norwood

Cabins on the Lake
Windermere
Lake of the OzarksWindermere, Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood
  

Windermere, Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood



These cages on the dock reminded me of the photographs of women and children in cages - living in slavery.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood

These cages on the dock reminded me of the photographs of women and children in cages - living in slavery.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood



Jun 17, 2014
TELL ME A STORY FOUNDATION. Marcia Norwood America's STORYTELLER Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking. Watch for more information. in upcoming blogs about the. TELL ME A STORY ...


Will you help?
Watch for more information in upcoming blogs about the
TELL ME A STORY FOUNDATION
It's my heart's desire to help organizations like...
IJM
www.ijm.org
 
A21 Campaign
https://www.facebook.com/pages/A21/194115677277113
https://www.facebook.com/theChristineCaine?fref=photo
Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood
 Mission Statement ABC's: 
AWAKEN the Complacent
 BLESS the Broken
CONFRONT Injustice 
around the world...
by giving VOICE to the voiceless...
one STORY at a time. 
"To loose chains of injustice,
 and untie cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free,
 and break every yoke."

Isaiah 58: 6b, NIV
The Holy Bible 
 
Precious children at orphanage.  Copyright 1999  Marcia Norwood
  Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often, and invite a friend!
Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories 
in Photographs, Prose, and Public Speaking
Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

    Read more about my heart...

CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/2013/11/orphan-sunday.html 


http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment