TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, December 20, 2013

2013 JOURNEY TO CHRISTMAS: ALMOST CHRISTMAS

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

December 20, 2013

It's almost Christmas.

My Christmas cards aren't mailed yet, although I've had the photographs and supplies to make 150 cards since November. I've delivered three.

It's almost Christmas.

None of our Christmas trees are up yet.  I love to decorate and usually put a tree in every room.   This year we may just put our presents around the tiered plate holders on the kitchen table. 

Our Kitchen Table.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Right now the tiers are filled with the luxurious soaps and pail ornaments my daughters and I made.  

Click on each image to ENLARGE.
 
Marcia's Grandchildren:  Caleb, Emily and Joshua.  Rubber Band holds photos in place while glue dries.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Use a paper towel to smooth out photo as you glue it to the mini-pail.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

I ordered the mini-pails from Oriental Trading.

CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:  

 http://www.orientaltrading.com/mini-buckets-a2-52_55-12-1.fltr?Ntt=mini%20pails 
 

I printed photos and images on CARD STOCK PAPER (not on glossy photo paper) on my Kodak, Easy-Share 5300 printer.

Mini-pails and images and E6000 Spray Adhesive.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood
 Directions:

  • Cut photos/images to fit on pails and Glue to pails with  E6000 Spray Adhesive. Use rubber bands to hold in place if necessary.
  • When glue dries, spray with Krylon UV-Resistant Clear Acrylic Coating.
   
Gather Supplies.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood
  

What do you give someone you love who has everything?

Homemade Christmas ornaments:  mini-pails decorated with vintage images and filled with candy!

Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood
   
Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood
 
Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood


The only thing left to do is fill the mini-pails with candy.



Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood


It's almost Christmas.

I let my daughters choose the gifts I give them rather than trying to surprise them with something I chose. Too many things I've given them in the past hang in their closet,  and ultimately wind up in the pile we donate to Goodwill.  

The French perfume Sarah, Faith and Megan chose arrived.  They  opened it.  It's on the kitchen table as well.  Maybe I won't wrap it, even though I have the ability to wrap beautiful packages.
 
Our Kitchen Table.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

It's almost Christmas.

I'm not going to get everything completed.

What's a girl to do?

I chose to make more memories with my girls.

Country Club Plaza
Kansas City, Missouri
Christmas Lights

Click on each image to ENLARGE.
 
Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood


COUNTRY CLUB PLAZA
CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:  
http://countryclubplaza.com/



Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

 
Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood
   
Carriage Rides on the Plaza.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

 
Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood


  Country Club Plaza Christmas Lights
Kansas City, Missouri
CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:  
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oG7lO.hbRSmDUAyP9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0dDE2am52BHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDM1MV8x?_adv_prop=image&fr=mcafee&va=country+club+plaza+christmas+lights



It's almost Christmas.

Making Memories...


Crown Center
Kansas City, Missouri

Mayor's Christmas Tree.  Crown Center.  Daughter Faith, Granddaughter Megan Jewell, Daughter Sarah.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2013 Sarah Norwood
  
CROWN CENTER
 CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser: 
http://www.crowncenter.com/
  
Mayor's Christmas Tree.  Crown Center.  Copyright 2013 Sarah Norwood
 
Copyright 2013 Sarah Norwood

My daughter, Sarah, gave me a special gift.  She had Deborah Moreno,  an artist at Crown Center draw a caricature of me. 

Deborah also volunteers at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri, and has brought smiles to kids in need since 2006.  

Deborah Moreno
facebook.com/Facesketcher
facesketch@gmail.com 
(816) 804-3080

Caricature:  an exaggeration, a representation in literature or art or a person's appearance.


  Making Memories...

Crown Center:  Sarah, Megan & Faith.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood
Copyright 2013 Sarah Norwood
  
Sea Life Aquarium.  Copyright 2013 Sarah Norwood

    I held a starfish at Sea Life Aquarium!  

A guide at Sea Life picked up the starfish and put it in my hand!  Copyright 2013 Sarah Norwood

Crown Center Shops.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Crown Center Shops.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Making Memories in Kansas City, Missouri

Explore Kansas City on a bicycle!
 
 Kansas City B-cycle
CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:  
https://kansascity.bcycle.com/default.aspx

Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Making memories in Blue Springs, Missouri.

These simple decorations bring me joy.

 
Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood


And now for my favorite Christmas decoration of all.

The Christmas Chihuahua.

It's in our neighborhood.

I know.  It's supposed to be a reindeer, but my girls and I call it  a chihuahua.  

We drive by it almost every day.

The Christmas Chihuahua.  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood
It's almost Christmas.

I'm not going to get everything completed.

I chose to make more memories with my girls.

Granddaughter Megan Jewell, Daughter Sarah (center) and Daughter Faith (right).  Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

What memories are you making this Christmas

Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Thanks for stopping by!
Come back often, and invite a friend!

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood




No comments:

Post a Comment