TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, November 17, 2013

OVERFLOWING

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking


November is National Adoption Month

Our family celebrates the miracle of adoption!


    
Overflowing

Copyright 2002 Marcia Norwood


     We adopted our first daughter, Sarah Zheng-Kang, from China, in 1999, through Children's Hope International

CHI 
CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
http://www.childrenshopeint.org/





 We were in the process of adopting our second daughter, Faith Fu Ju, in the summer of 2002.  We kept  pictures of Fu Ju, on the refrigerator during the nine months we waited to adopt her through Holt International.   

Holt International Children's Services
CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
http://holtinternational.org/



 
Daughter:  Faith FU JU.  Copyright 2002 Marcia Norwood

I prayed for the little girl we would name Faith.  We kept her Chinese name, Fu Ju, as her middle name to honor her Chinese heritage.  I talked about Faith Fu Ju as if she was already a member of our family, even though she lived thousands of miles away at an orphanage in northern China, very close to the border of North Korea.
Daughter:  Faith FU JU.  Copyright 2002 Marcia Norwood




Megan Jewell.  Copyright 2005 Marcia Norwood



We’re getting used to her face,” said our four-year-old granddaughter, Megan Jewell, as she walked past Fu Ju’s picture on the refrigerator.  


  
 Our our 30-year-old-homemade (bio) daughter, Kristin; our five-year-old grandson, Joshua;  our seven-year-old, chosen child, Sarah Zheng-Kang; and our three-year-old granddaughter, Emily, were in the kitchen with Megan and me to get a drink of water.
Emily.  Copyright 2002 Marcia Norwood


Will you still love me and play with me when you bring Fu Ju  home?” asked Emily.

Emily and Kristin.  Copyright 2009 Marcia Norwood

      I knew Kristin, her mother and our first-born, wondered the same thing because we talked about it before we adopted Sarah ZK.  

ME:  "Oh!  Yes!  Emily!  I have enough love for you no matter how many children I love."
 

    I used the pitcher of water in my hand and some multi-colored plastic cups to illustrate.
 EMILY:  "I want the pink one."

MEGAN:  "I want the purple one."

SARAH ZK:  "I’ll take orange."

JOSHUA:   "I don’t care which color I have.  What are the extra cups for?"

ME:  "There is a cup for everyone it our family."
 
Megan and Emily.  Copyright 2002 Marcia Norwood

Sarah, Kristin, Emily and Ben.  Copyright 2001 Marcia Norwood


I put out extra cups for my husband, Ed; our son, Benjamin; our son-in-law, David; my parents, Jewell and Natalie Bush, and one for Faith Fu Ju.   


ME:  "The pitcher is me.  The water is my love.  I have lots of love to give to each one of you."

I poured cold water into each cup.

EMILY:  "What happens when you run out of water?"

ME:  "Watch and see!"

I refilled the pitcher with water from the faucet, and refreshed each cup with cold water until it overflowed all over the counter and on to the floor.  The kids were surprised and thrilled that I made a mess on purpose.

ME:  "If I need a refill – if I need more love – I go back to the source:  God is LoveGod is like the faucet.  The Bible says that God has “poured his love into our hearts,” and we are to give a cup of cold water  to the little ones in His name.  Do you understand?"

EMILY:  "Yes!  Let’s get out some out more cups for Aunt Gloria and Uncle Bret and Aunt Gail, and Uncle Terry and Aunt Lisa..."

MEGAN:  "...and Conner, and Taylor, and Lacey and Jeramy!"

JOSHUA:  "It’s my turn to dump the water in their cups."

SARAH ZK:  "No.  It’s my turn."

KRISTIN:  "Let’s take turns."

ME:  "Learning to share takes practice."


Faith Fu Ju became our daughter through the miracle of adoption in October 2002.
 
Faith Fu Ju.  Copyright 2002 Marcia Norwood
Sarah ZK and Faith Fu Ju in China.  Copyright 2002 Marcia Norwood

Faith and Sarah in China.  Copyright 2002 Marcia Norwood
 
    Kristin gave birth to our grandson, Caleb, in July 2003.  
Caleb Edward.  Copyright 2004 Marcia Norwood
 
Dave, Kristin, Caleb, Joshua and Emily.  Copyright 2009 Marcia Norwood
 
Caleb.  Copyright 2004 Marcia Norwood

  Our cups continue to overflow 
beyond boundaries we once imagined.   
 
Faith, Sarah, Caleb, Joshua, Megan and Emily.  Copyright 2009 Marcia Norwood

Ben holds Faith and Sarah.  Sarah and Faith on tricycle.  Emily and Megan on Big Wheels.  Joshua in little car.  Copyright 2002 Marcia Norwood

SILLY FACES!  Faith, Joshua, Sarah, Emily and Megan.   Copyright 2002 Marcia Norwood

Megan, Joshua, Caleb, Sarah, Emily and Faith.  Copyright 2004  Marcia Norwood



Thanks for stopping by!
Come back often, and invite a friend!
Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking


 The Holy Bible

(NIV Translation)


Romans 5:5

And hope does not disappoint us,

because God has poured out his love into our hearts

by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.




John 7:38

Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said,

streams of  living water will flow from within him.”




John 17:26

I have made you known to them,

and will continue to make you known

in order that the love you have for me may be in them

and that I myself may be in them.




Matthew 10:42

And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water

to one of these little ones because he is my disciple,

I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward.










No comments:

Post a Comment