TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dreams & Mountains



I'm about to trust you with one of the dreams God has placed in my heart that has been many years in the making. 


It is about to be birthed into reality!


God has called me and equipped me to operate a business - a "For-Profit Business With a Heart" - rather than a non-profit.   


Each step I take toward HIM - He reveals more of His plan on what and how this dream is to be realized. 


One BIG decision was for me NOT to  partner with businesses who wanted to mark up the prices of my products  much more than 50%. 


God asked me to partner with Him. 


It was His still, small voice.  He  spoke gently over and over to me - over a period of weeks:  "Do you want to partner with me?  Do you want to partner with me?"


He gave me the concept of:  "Shop.  Help.  Inspire."


It's a call - and yet also a marketing strategy where I give  50% of all the proceeds of my products to chosen non-profits around the world...like Haiti Home of Hope, International Justice Mission, Life Today International,  Kim & Tara's Adventures With God, and Living Stones Community Church.  PEARLS4GIRLS International Women's Ministry will be able to help people around the world with funds raised through my website. 





God has already opened the windows of Heaven with a sweet anointing and blessings!  One of my friends (a fellow Liberty High School Alum) asked me to send him a copy of JOURNEY TO CHRISTMAS, the LSCC Advent Book.    I  sent him a booklet - expecting nothing in return.  He generously sent back a check made payable to Living Stones Community Church for $100. 


I'm bragging on God. 


He is looking for people He can trust - who will pass on the money He sends their way - to support His work on earth.


It's not asking God to bless my plans.  It's all about me being obedient.  I asked  God to make me a part of what HE is doing in the world.  I'm jumping in where His anointing is already flowing!


"Here I am, God....use me." 


It's about becoming an answer to Jesus' prayer:  "Thy Kingdom come - Thy will be done ON EARTH as it is in Heaven."


God has called me to the MOUNTAIN of Business and the MOUNTAIN of Media/Communication. 


My cry  - like Caleb's cry before entering the Promised Land -  is ""God,  give me my mountain!"


Not for my glory - but for HIS glory - to bring His Kingdom on EARTH as it is in Heaven.


Mountains speak of authority in the Bible. 


I'm devouring Dr. Michael Maiden's Book:  Turn Your World Upside Down...Discipling the Nations with the Seven Mountain Strategy.   Dr. Maiden has earned both a Master's and Doctorate degree in Christian Psychology and has authored seven books, including The Joshua Generation.   He and his wife, Mary, are senior pastors of Church for the Nations in Phoenix, Arizona.     Maiden talks about - how in 1974,  Bill Bright ( Campus Crusade) met Loren Cunningham (Youth With a Mission).  They were  leaders of the two largest youth organizations.  They found common ground instantly as both produced diagrams that received while meditating on the Great Commission.  They EACH described the SAME seven spheres of influence that needed to be penetrated by the next generation.  Loren called them "mind molders" and Bill described them as "world kingdoms."     


"You were  predestined for a reason and purpose by God! 

Your gifts, anointing, personality, and history will all synergize

into a dynamic purpose when you find your mountain!" 

Michael Maiden

What mountain has God called you to?  Reading Michael Maiden's Book will help you discover your mountain and the gifts God has already given to you to equip you to take that mountain for His glory and to bring His Kingdom to EARTH!


Now - finally - Here's a sneak peak at my new website and blog

Website: www.marcianorwoodstoryteller.com (Remember - it's a work-in progress and corrections and new things will be added soon!)





I am thankful to God and grateful to Dan Roye for his leadership as my pastor at Living Stones Community Church.  Dan put me in touch with his brother, David Roye - who is helping me design and create my website.  It's not finished yet - but there is enough for me to be able to share it with you! 


Please join me in celebration and praise to God for who He is - and not just for what He can do for us.


Jesus is coming soon - and I want to be about His business!!!


Website:  www.marcianorwoodstoryteller.com   (Remember - it's a work-in progress and corrections and new things will be added soon!)





Proverbs 20:4

"He who labors and endures hardship in his seed-time for eternity, will be properly diligent as to his earthly business."

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Bible is available in the Public Domain.




No comments:

Post a Comment