TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

RECIPE: THE BEST APPLE CAKE YOU WILL EVER MAKE

Mary Marcia
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

I didn't do well getting the cake out of the bundt pan, but it's still delicious! 
 
 RECIPE
The BEST Apple Cake 
You Will Ever Make 
 
 Link:  http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/2017/01/recipe-best-apple-cake-you-will-ever.html
 


My friend, Joy Lewis, gave me this recipe for Apple Cake when we were teachers in the 80's at Independence Christian School. This cake is still one of my favorites.  It's just so MOIST and delicious. 


You will notice from my photo that I did not do a good job of getting the cake out of the bundt pan.  I think it's because I didn't grease the pan well enough, and I tried to get the cake out of the pan as soon as I took it out of the oven, and my new clay bundt pan is SO heavy...I almost dropped the entire cake.

Still - the cake was delicious.  I LOVE the parts that caramelized.  I  think this apple cake will become one of your family favorites!!!




The BEST Apple Cake 
You Will Ever Make 


  
 PREHEAT oven to 350 Degrees

GREASE a Tube or Bundt Pan. 


 
Combine the FIRST Mixture:
1 and 1/2 Cups Wesson Oil
2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs

Combine in a separate bowl the SECOND Mixture:
2 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon   




COMBINE first and second mixtures together...
And then ADD:
2 teaspoons Vanilla
3 Cups SMALL CUBED (Green) Apples
1 Cup CHOPPED Nuts (your choice)    




MIX all ingredients together...

and then POUR into Tube or Bundt Pan.   

BAKE at 350 Degrees for 1 and 1/2 HOURS





I used the same recipe to make Apple Muffins for my daughter, Sarah's birthday. 


My daughter, Sarah.  Copyright 2015 Marcia Norwood



I baked apple muffins for Sarah's party in large, Texas-size muffin tins.  I found the large Wilton muffin pans (normally $29 each pan) on sale at Gordman's for $4.99 each pan. 
 

I prefer to use green apples. 



I didn't  have cupcake liners big enough for the large muffin tins,
so I made my own liners with parchment paper.  I drew around a large bowl on the parchment paper, and cut out circles to use as liners.

Some of the muffins fell in the center during baking time.    Maybe it's because I didn't fill them full enough.  Also - someone came in the kitchen while they were baking, and slammed a door shut...making a LOUD NOISE.    The muffins were still delicious. 

Enjoy your 
Texas-size Muffins or
your Apple Cake! 
I think you will agree that it's
the BEST Apple Cake 
You Will Ever Make !



Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often, and invite a friend!




Mary Marcia
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking


 

No comments:

Post a Comment