TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, April 15, 2016

DRAGONFLY

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking


 http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com

DRAGONFLY 

My granddaughter, Megan, and I witnessed the strangest thing in our front yard.  A real dragonfly hovered over one of the copper tubes on my copper and glass dragonfly wind chime.  

Yep! 

My dragonfly wind chime.

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

The real  dragonfly  folded it's wings back to fit inside the wind chime, and submerged itself down inside the tube which is less than 1/2-inch in diameter.

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

I never thought it was possible for a dragonfly to fold its wings back in a vertical position, and fit inside a small copper tube!

Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Do dragonflies nest inside tubes?

None of the articles I read mentioned anything like it.



CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=B111US0D20140720&p=dragonfly+nests

CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/dragonfly-habitat-what-do-dragonflies-eat.html


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood



Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


I have this thing for dragonflies.

Artist, Judith Richie, gave me five numbered prints of her beautiful paintings (of flowers and creatures) as a gift when her daughter, Heather, was a student in my class. My favorite is Judith's painting of a  dragonfly on a lily.  The detail is incredible.

Numbered Print by Judith Richie.  Copyright 1982 Marcia Norwood


I have this thing for dragonflies.


There's a stained-glass dragonfly in my kitchen window.  
Copyright 2012 Marcia Norwood


My daughter, Faith, discovered a real dragonfly
in the garden during the Blue Springs Historical Society's
Garden Tour.

"Do you see the dragonfly?"
Gone With The Wind/Washburn Estate Garden.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Gone With The Wind/Washburn Estate Garden.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Gone With The Wind/Washburn Estate Garden.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood
 
Megan had her own personal encounter with hundreds of dragonflies in our yard, in 2010.  The dragonflies descended covering our entire side yard.  They circled around Megan, and followed her wherever she went: as if she was the Pied Piper of Dragonflies.  It was surreal.  

I captured the event with my camera, but not all of the dragonflies are visible in the photograph.  If you look closely, you can see a large dragonfly looking at Megan, and three dragonflies in flight around the bicycle tires. 


Copyright 2010 Marcia Norwood



I have this thing for dragonflies and dragonfly jewelry.



Shell Dragonfly Pendant from Pandahall.com.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood
   
Shell Dragonfly Pendant from Pandahall.com. Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood


My Dragonfly Pins.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood

Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood

My Gemstone and Rhinestone Dragonfly Necklaces.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood


My Gemstone and Rhinestone Dragonfly Necklaces. Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood


 I have this thing for dragonflies.

Have you seen the movie, DRAGONFLY?!

Kevin Costner stars as a grieving doctor who is being contacted by his late wife through his patients near death experiences.  Watch it with a friend.  The ending will surprise you.  It's full of suspense, but it's not too creepy.  I can't watch most of the scary movies. 




CLICK on the link or COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:
  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259288/


https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrBT8P8OQ9UhoIAC1tXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0MmNsaDRvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDQ1NF8x?_adv_prop=image&fr=mcafee&va=movie+dragonfly+kevin+costner
 
  I have this thing for dragonflies.

 
Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood


Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood


I have this thing for dragonflies.
 
Thank you, God, for creating dragonflies, and allowing me to encounter them in extraordinary ways in the midst of ordinary days.




 Dragonfly LEGO Sculpture at Powell Gardens.   Copyright 2013 Marcia Norwood

Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often, and invite a friend!

 Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking



No comments:

Post a Comment