TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, November 27, 2015

CLOTHE YOURSELF WITH HUMILITY

Mary Marcia
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

http:/tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/

  

This week is Black Friday, where retailers open early and shoppers stand in line for great sales on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  It's not an official holiday, but it signifies the beginning of the Christmas shopping season in the United States. 



 LINK:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_%28shopping%29

While many are shopping for toys, gifts and new clothes, two of my friends experienced deaths of a beloved family member and friend. 

The deaths were unexpected.  One buried a mother, and the other has a funeral today for a friend who was like a father. 

My prayers are with them, and with all who are dealing with the death of a loved one. 
 
When I awakened this morning, I heard part of a sermon by pastor James MacDonald.  His words sometimes come across as sharp, but he always is biblically sound. GOD has used him multiple times to say things that I needed to hear. 

LINK:  http://jamesmacdonald.com/tv/humble-yourself-part-2-b/
 LINK: http://jamesmacdonald.com/

This morning MacDonald spoke about humbling ourselves before the HAND of GOD. He literally had the congregation put their Bibles on top of their heads to illustrate we are to submit ourselves under the WORD of GOD.

MacDonald said when the Bible speaks of the HAND of GOD - it usually means the circumstances GOD allows in our life.


So when the WORD says we are to humble ourselves under the MIGHTY HAND of GOD - it means we are to humble ourselves under the circumstances that GOD allows in our life, because if GOD allowed it, we should not grumble or whine or complain because GOD will bring us through and "exalt us in His time."

The next part of that scripture (in 1 Peter 5: 5-7) says that we are to cast all our anxiety on Him because He cares for us.

1 Peter 5: 5-7
5   You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you,  clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE. 


6   Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, 


7   casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.


That is the message GOD had for me this morning, and perhaps it's a message for your heart today, too.

MacDonald also said that it's not enough to HEAR the WORD - but we must have a change in action to obey the WORD - or it's worth nothing.

So - I told GOD, and I'm sharing with you, that I cast all my cares on my Heavenly Father, and I humble myself  - I  clothe myself with humility - before Him, and humble myself under the HAND of GOD, and the circumstances He allows in my life. 

Cast all your anxiety on Him.

GOD cares for you, and He loves you.

GOD is your loving Heavenly Father, and the WORD says that HE is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24)


You are not alone, and those you love who die and have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior, are not removed from you forever. It's terribly hard to say, "Goodbye for now," but one day you will have a glorious reunion in Heaven.

Heaven is real, and all your loved ones are alive - right now - in a beautiful place that GOD has prepared for them.

Just before JESUS returned to Heaven, He comforted His disciples, the friends  He loved, with these words that we find in John 14: 1-3: 

Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 

In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 


If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.…


When you look upon the body of someone who dies - remember you are looking at the body (the house) that GOD gave his/her spirit to live in while he/she walked on this earth.

They don't need their body (this house) anymore because they are now clothed in JESUS' righteousness, and GOD has prepared a new house (body) for them that is whole and healed and will last throughout eternity.

They are alive and well with JESUS and the angels and loved ones who have gone before.

GOD sends His angels to surround us, and He gives us the indwelling Holy Spirit to comfort us. 

I'm praying for you today.

I love you with JESUS love.

Cast all your cares on Him.

He cares for you.

Let's Talk about Heaven: Debby Anderson, A12: 0612608430778: Amazon ...
This is a wonderful book for children and adults!  Our children's pastor, Judy, gave this to my daughter when her uncle died.


Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often, and invite a friend.


 














Mary Marcia
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

HOPE is grief's best music.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood













 

No comments:

Post a Comment