TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FIRSTBORN

Mary Marcia
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking


http://tellmeastory-marcia.blogspot.com/




TODAY...is April 7....one day before my daughter, Kristin's birthday. 

Each year I call and also email Kristin the story of her birth.

I was inspired by Billy Crystal's real-life-mom's early morning birthday calls to her son.  Billy featured his mom's birthday calls in the movie, City Slickers.

Here's my birthday letter to my firstborn this year.


April 7, 2015

Kristin, 

(With THANKS to City Slickers movie dialogue that inspired my annual pre-birthday phone call/email.)

You will be 516 months old tomorrow, April 8, 2015.

I remember the day before you were bornApril 7, 1972.

My water broke in the early morning while I was still in bed.

The next door neighbors (Jennie and Ray) at the townhouse heard me yelling through the thin walls - before your dad woke up.  He thought I wet the bed.

The doctor's office advised  me to stay at home. 

My mom,  (Mema) came over, and so did Granny Lucille.

Mema cleaned our townhouse.

Granny Lucille made pies. 

That's just what they did.

Twenty-four hours later - I went to the hospital. 

My regular OB was out of town, and a horrible doctor took his place. Even the nurses didn't like him.

Your head came out while the doctor was hiding out in the doctor's lounge.

Mema banged on the door of the doctor's lounge, and warned him:  "If you don't come out and deliver my first grandchild - then I'll do it, and send you the bill."

It was too late for the epideral.

Your dad almost missed your birth when he went home to feed the cat, Billy Jack.

You were born April 8, 1972 - totally bald - with the Norwood nose. 

I wondered how I carried you for nine months, and you came out looking like his side of the family.

I fell in love with you immediately.

You will be 43 years old tomorrow, April 8, 2015 - and you are a wife and mother, but you will always be my little girl.

I love you,
Mom
 

1972.  Baby Kristin and Marcia.  Copyright 1972 Marcia Norwood


1976.  Kristin and Marcia.  Copyright 1976 Marcia Norwood

 
1994. Kristin & Marcia.  Copyright 1994 Marcia Norwood


Thanks for stopping by!
Come back often, and invite a friend!

Copyright 2015 Marcia Norwood

 Mary Marcia
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking




No comments:

Post a Comment