TELL ME A STORY

TELL ME A STORY
"Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, June 15, 2014

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Marcia Norwood
America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
 
Copyright 2007 Marcia Norwood

My father used to play 
with my brother and me in the yard. 
Mother would come out and say,
"You're tearing up the grass." 
"We're not raising grass," 
Dad would reply. 
"We're raising boys." 

Fathers Day Quote by: Harmon Killebrew

 In Honor of My Daddy
Jewell Edward Bush
This is how I remember Dad coming home from work each day...through the side kitchen door.  We all (four siblings: Marcia, Gloria, Bret and Terry) met Dad every day at the door.  Here is my brother greeting Daddy.  Copyright 1958 Marcia Norwood.

 When a father gives to his son, both laugh; 
when a son gives to his father, both cry.
  Jewish Proverb

Mom, Dad & Marcia at the KC Zoo.  Copyright 1950 Marcia Norwood

Dad holds Gloria, Mom holds Marcia.  Copyright 1951 Marcia Norwood

 
I begged Dad for stories from his childhood.  My father, Jewell Edward Bush, was born March 18, 1922, the ninth of eleven children.    He rarely talked about his family.  When he was two years old his father died while working in the coal mines.  His mother was pregnant.  She remarried and had more children.  
     Dad’s stepfather made living very difficult for him.

  Read more about my dad...

 CLICK on the link or
COPY & PASTE the link in your browser:

Dec 05, 2013
My father, Jewell Edward Bush, was born March 18, 1922, the ninth of eleven children. He rarely talked about his family. When he was two years old his father died while working in the coal mines. His mother was pregnant.
 
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
 
My son, Benjamin, 
and his daughter,
(my granddaughter)
Megan Jewell.
 
Ben and Megan.  Copyright 2000 Marcia Norwood
 
 A father carries pictures where his money used to be.
  Unknown
 
 
Granddaughter Megan Jewell and Her Daddy (my son) Benjamin.  Copyright 2000 Marcia Norwood

 

Megan and Ben.  Copyright 2004 Marcia Norwood

When I was a boy of fourteen, 
my father was so ignorant 
I could hardly stand to have the old man around. 
But when I got to be twenty-one, 
I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. 

Mark Twain

American Author
"Old Times on the Mississippi" Atlantic Monthly, 1874

Ben and Megan.  Copyright 2011 Marcia Norwood


 One night a father overheard his daughter pray:
"Dear God,  
make me the kind of person my Daddy is."
Later that night, the Father prayed: 
"Dear God,  
make me the kind of person my daughter wants me to be."
Ben and Megan.  Copyright 2012 Marcia Norwood
 


Granddaughters:  Emily Grace, Megan Jewell and Son:  Benjamin.  Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood


Thanks for stopping by!

Come back often, and invite a friend!

Marcia Norwood

America's STORYTELLER
Telling Untold Stories in Photographs, Prose and Public Speaking


Copyright 2014 Marcia Norwood

Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.
  Quote by: Gloria Naylor  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment